Figure 1. Immunolabelling of Follicular Dendritic Cell network in cryosection of lymph node using FDC-M2.
Mice immunized with ovalbumin in alum on day 0 and 14. Lymph node obtained on day 19 (i.e. day 5 post secondary immunization).
The germinal centre is labelled with plant lectin, peanut agglutinin (PNA; red colour). FDC-M2 is clearly restricted to the FDC network both within the germinal centre (green plus red = yellow) as well as extending out into the primary follicle (green).
FDC-M2 is useful to elucidate the role of the Follicular Dendritic Cell (FDC) network in immune responses.
This antibody has been used extensively to study mechanisms involved in humoral immunity, such as maturation of B cells, formation of germinal centers and the biology of follicular dendritic cells.
In addition, it has been used in the murine model of Scrapie in order to unravel the characteristics of this prion related disease.
Applications: Immunohistochemistry and immunopurification of mouse FDCs.
1. Berney C. et al. "A member of the dendritic cell family that enters B cell follicles and stimulates primary antibody responses identified by a mannose receptor fusion protein." J Exp Med 190(6):851-60 (1999)
2. M. H. Kosco-Vilbois et al. " To 'B' or not to 'B' a germinal center?" Immunology Today 18:25 (1997)
3. M.B. Alimzhanov et al. "Abnormal development of secondary lymphoid tissues in lymphotoxin beta-deficient mice" Proc. Natl Acad. Sci 94: 9302 (1997)
4. M. Gonzales et al. "The Sequential Role of Lymphotoxin and B Cells in the Development of Splenic Follicles" J. Exp. Medicine 187: 997 (1998)
5. S.A. Camacho, M.H. Kosco-Vilbois and C. Berek "The dynamic structure of the germinal center" Immunology Today 19: 511 (1998)
6. M. H. Kosco-Vilbois et al. "Follicular denditic cell-dependent adhesion and proliferation of B cells in vitro" J. Immunol. 148: 2331-2339 (1992)
7. PR Taylor et al. Detection of C4 activation fragments with Mab209 (FDC-M2); localization of immune complexes in mouse tissues. Eur. J.Immunol., 32: 1888-1896 (2002)
Catalog number: 212-MK-1FDCM2
Quantity: 100 ug/vial at 1mg/ml of purified antibody in PBS; rat IgG2a
Catalog number: 212-MK-2FDCM2
Quantity: 100 ug/vial at 1mg/ml of biotin antibody in PBS; rat IgG2a